Nsima Ekere’s Spokesman In Fraud, Perjury, Stealing Scandal
Spokesman of the Akwa Ibom State APC Governorship Campaign Council for the 2019 governorship election, Eseme Eyiboh, may be arrested for fraud, perjury and stealing by the police.
This follows a public interest petition written by an Abuja based Law Practitioner, Adebayo Ogunmola Esq, to the Inspector-General of Police.
The petitioners contend that “Hon Eseme Eyiboh in 2007 and 2011 when he was to contest election into the House of Representatives, misrepresented fact as having not been earlier convicted of any criminal offence by a court of law in Nigeria.
Eyiboh “was earlier convicted and sentenced to 3 years imprisonment with hard labor or a fine of N800,000 on 11/4/85 by the Chief Magistrate Court 1 in Uyo presided over by M A Edet Esq in Charge No MU/420C/84″.
The petitioners have also reminded the police that they are familiar with the case at hand.
” The police in Akwa Ibom State also investigated this allegation and confirmed that Hon Eseme Eyiboh was convicted for holding out himself as Barrister Essien of ELF Oil Limited, Eastern Operations and obtained various sums of money under false pretence from several unsuspecting members of the public including the late Mr Edem alias Okedo.
The most caring and damaging part of the conduct of Hon Eseme Eyiboh was the surreptitious and inimical mutilation of the Court’s record book containing the record of the judgement and conviction”.
The petition is supported by 5 materials as documentary evidence which include;
1. Police Investigation Report dated 24th January, 2007 by the Commissioner of Police in Akwa Ibom State confirming Investigation, charge and conviction of Hon Eseme Eyiboh for the crimes.
2. Police Investigation Report dated 24th January, 2007 issued by the Divisional Police Officer, “A” Division, Nigerian Police Force, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, confirming the above stated.
3. Extract from the Crime Diary dated 24th January 2007
4. Criminal Charge that was preferred against the suspect.
5. Copy of Interim Police Report dated 11th November, 2011 issued by the Commissioner of Police, Akwa Ibom State and addressed to the Inspector General of Police.
The petitioners are also demanding in addition to the prosecution for Criminal Offences of Perjury and Fraudulent Conversion of stolen funds, refunds of all monies collected by Hon Eseme Eyiboh from public purse by way of salaries and allowances from the National Assembly.